Marvelous Glory-Maker.
Ahh, so, the title. Marvelous Glory-Maker. Any guess as to who that is? Well, if you guessed Jesus Christ, my Saviour, you are exactly right. I can't begin to explain just how thankful I am for my God. (You'll probably notice me quoting many songs, since they seem to so often sum up my feelings perfectly.) He is my All in All. He's my Strength when I am weak. He's my Treasure. He is Beautiful. He is my Father. He is my Hiding Place. He is one One was, and is, and yet to come. He is Awesome. You guys, he is beyond anything I could ever begin to describe or even imagine! He is so vast and deep and powerful, yet he loves me- a far-from-perfect, random teenager in Georgia. That's a pretty great God if you ask me. As I sang with the kids at the camp I worked at this summer, "Our God is a good, good, good, good, good, good, etc. God, yes he is!" He is so awesome. :) I am so thankful that he saw fit to save me when he did. Because he is in my life he's given me the strength I needed to get through many trials. Also, not only did he help me just get through those trials, but he used them to sharpen me and to make me grow more reliant on him. I've learned that "I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength" (Phil. 4:13). I've also learned that I can not do anything with out him.
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." John 5:15
One of my favorite names for Christ is in Evan Wickham's song "Everywhere." He sings, "Marvelous Glory-Maker, should the whole world be shaken you will still be there." Isn't that just an AMAZING name? It's nice to know that our God will always be there no matter what and that nothing can separate us from his love.
"Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:39
As this Thanksgiving day draws to a close, let's remember all the things we have to be thankful for, most of all a Saviour who loves us. He is our Marvelous Glory-Maker.
(It's so cool how God just puts things on our minds sometimes! I was sitting down to write this, and the first thing that popped into my head- and many things pop into my head, as many of you reading this will know- was the phrase "Marvelous Glory-Maker." I hadn't even listened to this song in weeks, so I thought that was pretty cool!)
So, I'd like to ask that if you read this, please comment and share what your favorite name for God is. :)
hmm..i'm not really sure..but i think Marvelous Glory-Maker is a beautiful name for our great God :)
ReplyDeleteAll of the Hebrew names are beautiful.... :D
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's something about being in a different languague, haha...
hmm....I'm not really sure, but one of my favorites is I AM. =)
ReplyDelete