Wednesday, November 16, 2011

His Best

I fail.

Really. I fail. Not all the time, but so often I do. And when I fail, I go away wondering how I ended up flat on my face even though I did my best.

If I'm doing my best, why do I fail? Well, the problem here is that I'm doing my best. MY best. I'm just a human- a very sinful one at that. On my own, I can try very very hard, but more than likely I'll end up on my face again.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

See? We can do nothing apart from God. So, when I rely on MY best to accomplish anything, I'm, in a way, setting myself up for failure.

 I've known this for quite a while, but it's finally sunken in to my hard ginger head. I guess it's kind of like how you know the oven is hot, but it doesn't really sink in until you touch it. Haha ;)

So, I've decided I need to stop relying on MY best and start asking God to do HIS best through me. I need to ask him to help me with everything. Not just in my relationship with Him, but also with my school work, my relationships, my actions, everything! Nothing is too little for my Saviour :)



1 comment:

  1. Very good, Abbie. God has been really teaching me similarly recently. :)

    ~Mikaila

    ReplyDelete