All morning I've had this song in my head! (Perhaps it has something to do with the fact I was constantly listening for it on the radio yesterday... haha) Anyways, this song really makes me think. Christians have been given a light within us and we are supposed to "raise it high... let it show from the roof tops down to the streets below." We've been given this amazing light, and it makes us different from the rest of the world. But, so often we try to hide the light we've been given. We are in a world of sin and darkness. Why on earth would we hide any bit of light that we can share with others in a place of darkness? Sadly, we are all too often just afraid of what others will think of us. The more I think about it, I realize that this fear is really a kind of selfishness. We want others to like us, so we hold back the light we could share in an attempt to be liked or "cool". It's time to get over what other people think about us. We've got a light within us and it's been put there by Christ! It's our job to let it shine! :D
My life before You
I was a flame burning down
I was burning out
But You knew me better
For You there was never a doubt
Not since You gave me life
Something was different
I knew it the instant
You put the light in me
The spark
The shot to the heart
You are the hope that leads me
Out of the dark
You let Your love shine down
So that the world can see
You put the light in me
The light, You put the light in me
The light, You put the light in me
The light, You put the light in me
The light, You put the light in me
You are the Maker
You tell the sun when to rise
I'm just a house on a hill
But You make me brighter
Than all the stars in the sky
Keep me from growing dim
‘Cause in Your perfection
I'm just a reflection
So pull me closer to You
I'll catch like a fire
And I'll hold You higher
‘Cause You put the light in me
I'll raise it high, I'll let it show
From the roof tops down to the streets below
In day and night, You will be known
And all will see
You put the light in me
"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:15
I really like that song, abbs :)
ReplyDeletegreat job abbie! i luv it! :D
ReplyDelete