Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Fruit, Faith, and Pirates!

Well! Chances are you think I've forgotten about my poor little blog. But, NO! I have not abandoned it. I simply haven't had time to write. I've been writing alright, just not on here. Who would have guessed that they actually make you WRITE in English class? Hah. ;) Seriously, though. I'm writing this post especially for a certain friend who asked me to. And I have a pretty good idea why she has blogs on her mind!

I really don't have an exact purpose for this... I guess I will just share some thoughts. :)

On a side note...

Okay, Haley, can you search on Google and find a picture of my dog? Nope. You can't. Does that mean he doesn't exist? No way! He exists for sure! Similarly, you cannot search Google and find a picture of a Monade (the fruit used to make lemonade!). So, there is no saying my fruit doesn't exist. Google isn't all-knowing. Haha! Told you I'd talk about it! :)

-

Now that that is taken care of... onto my more serious thoughts :)

The other day I read this verse.

Isaiah 7:9b, "If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all."

I had never really thought about that. I've had the mentality that it was important to stand firm in my faith in Christ, but I never thought about how it is impossible to stand AT ALL apart from my faith in Him. On my own I'm just a weak, useless, confused teenager. Christ is the reason my life is in order and that I can stand. It is SO important for me to stand firm in my faith. Standing firm in my faith is the only way I can stand firm in the other areas of my life!

Well, those are the thoughts bouncing around in that space on the top of my head. ;)

Smile, please!
Abbie

Oh... and this is totally irrelevant, but I can't help but feel like being a pirate when I watch/listen to this :D It will make you happy. I just know it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay...first of all that video is so cool! :D Second...thanks for making the post...and talking about the monade...hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you blogging again! I've missed your posts :)

    ReplyDelete