Thursday, December 22, 2011

CHRISTmas

So, I was checking out at a store the other day and the cheerful lady with a flashing Christmas lights necklace smilingly wished me a "Happy Holidays." I stopped for a second, grinned back at her, and happily replied, "Merry Christmas!"

That made me think. Why do people take the Christ out of Christmas? Some say it's to keep from offending people, to be politically correct, or maybe some people just want to change up their greetings! I don't think it's "wrong" to say happy holidays, seasons greetings, or anything along those lines. However, personally, I think that saying "Merry Christmas" it's an amazing way to tell the world, "Hey. I'm not ashamed to tell you the reason I celebrate Christmas. It's because of CHRIST." :D

So, I've got a dare for you. :) Every time someone greets you with something like "Happy Holidays" smile at them and say, "Merry CHRISTmas."


(This is last Christmas, sadly... Haha this year it's it SO CRAZZYYY hot considering it's winter!! Anyways... see the tiny cross in the distance?)

No comments:

Post a Comment