Monday, December 19, 2011

Psalm 130

I'm reading through the Bible chronologically and today this was one of the Psalms that I read. :) I really liked the part where it talks about how if God kept a record of sins no one could stand. That was the part that really really stood out to me. It's really an awesome thing about God. He forgives us when we repent of our sins. Also I really liked to part about waiting for the Lord. Waiting is something that God is definitely teaching me at the moment.

Out of the depths I cry to you, LORD;
   Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
   to my cry for mercy.

 If you, LORD, kept a record of sins,
   Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
   so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
 
 I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
   and in his word I put my hope.
 I wait for the Lord
   more than watchmen wait for the morning,
   more than watchmen wait for the morning.

Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
   for with the LORD is unfailing love
   and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel
   from all their sins.

-Psalm 130

1 comment: