Thursday, December 8, 2011

Simply Because

Yesterday as I was spending time with God, I read 1 Samuel 12:20-22. It was pretty encouraging to me and so I wanted to share it. I really like the way the Message puts Bible verses into a straight forward modern translation, so here is the Message version. :)

"Samuel said to them, 'Don't be fearful. It's true that you have done something very wrong. All the same, don't turn your back on God. Worship and serve him heart and soul! Don't chase after ghost-gods. There's nothing to them. They can't help you. They're nothing but ghost-gods! God, simply because of who he is, is not going to walk off and leave his people. God took delight in making you into his very own people.'"
- 1 Samuel 12:20-22

No matter what you've done or what you're going through, God's not going to "walk off and leave his people". And it gets even better, in my opinion. Why is God like this? Why does he care so much? Well, it is "simply because of who he is." It's not because we deserve it or because he owes us. He does it because of who he is. He is Awesome. There is a very real God who loves us like crazy just because, even though we don't deserve it. I know that it's a comfort to me that I've got an awesome God on my side, fighting for me, and teaching me through everything. Well... that's what I wanted to share. :)

Stay warm! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment